Library and Documentation
The Library continued to serve its constituent users including staff of the Institute, students, and other external users. Services provided to clients included
- Selective dissemination of information
- Current awareness
- Literature searches
- Promotion of Core Print Resources
- Preservation of all identify vital records of legal and administrative importance relating to institute and staff members
- Order and subscribe to daily newspapers, journals, books, newsletters, other materials and maintain records for payment of invoices
- Train library users to effectively search information resources of the Internet, TEAL & AGORA, HINARI, OARE AND ARDI (Research4life) databases. The TEEAL database is accessible at the library block.
- Organizing seminars and workshops in the institute
- Show casing the technologies developed by the institute
- Compilation of staff publications
- Preparation of CSIR-PGRRI quarterly, annual and in-house reports
The Library office complex is successfully wired for the Local Area Network (LAN). The wiring of the other blocks and the rectification problems of offices with LAN are carried out.